Friday, November 23, 2007

Some More Chess Records

I have not played any more remarkable games but my number of chess records is still rising. At his chess record page, Tim Krabbe has now identified a few more records in my 1991 game against IM Hannu Wegner. In addition to the two (three?) I already was aware of:
  • Longest sequence without captures =151
  • Greatest number of checks =141 (both sides together) and 98 (one side)
There now are three new ones:
  • The greatest number of moves with a pawn = 108 (of which 102 as a queen).
  • The greatest number of different squares visited by a (promoted) queen =45.
  • The greatest number of different squares visited by a pawn ('including its next life as a queen') = 47.
All together that gives me a total of 5 (possibly 6) records in chess. Could that possibly count as another record? The greatest number of chess records held by one person.

PS
If there turns out to be serious competitors, I will first claim 'The greatest number of chess records set in one game'. Only after having added this sixth (seventh?) record to my list, I will claim the seventh (eight?) and final record.

No comments: